Arts, Information, and Communications
Your platform awaits
Put both your creative spirit and your technical mind to work to create visual assets for the digital world. Your talent could take you anywhere from education to entertainment to advertising and beyond!
Which pathways are offered?
Digital Design—This pathway prepares students to produce digitally generated or computer-enhanced media used in business, training, entertainment, communications, and marketing.
Web and Digital Communications—This pathway prepares students to create, design, and produce interactive multimedia products and services.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Examples of jobs include:
- 3D Animator
- Graphic Designer
- Multimedia Artist
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- 3D Animator — $75,270/year
- Graphic Designer — $52,110/year
- Multimedia Artist — $75,270/year
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Adobe ACA – Visual Communications Using Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe ACA – Print & Digital Media Pub Using Adobe InDesign
- Adobe ACA – Web Authoring Using Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe ACA – Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator
- ACT Natl Career Readiness Cert. (NCRC)
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Monday, February 1, 2021.