Who We Are
Insight School of Oregon-Painted Hills (ISOR-PH) is an innovative, individualized middle and high school—the first of its kind in Oregon—for college and technical career-minded students.
In partnership with K12, our statewide, online charter school is publicly funded, full-time, and serves students in grades 7–12. ISOR-PH students gain exposure to relevant technical and specialty trade skills from courses built around two career paths:
- Business and Marketing
- Health Sciences
Successful completion of 1) Pathway Exploratory Course; 2) Pathway course curriculum; and 3) Senior Project may help students prepare for industry certification tests after graduation.
In addition, ISOR-PH’s proven academic foundation features:
- An Individualized Learning Plan for each student
- K12's award-winning, online academic curriculum
- Hands-on materials, books, and a school computer on loan
- Highly qualified, Oregon-certified teachers
- A robust Advanced Learner Program
- World languages
- Student clubs and social events
- Access to extracurricular activities and sports in participating school districts
- High school diploma for graduates that meets all state requirements
Offering students an effective Career and Technical Education (CTE), ISOR-PH:
- Is Oregon’s first online charter school for college and technical career-minded students
- Provides families an additional option to academically focused online schools
- Gives all students throughout Oregon access to college and career training
- Arms young people with relevant skills to put into immediate use after high school
- Offers a hopeful pathway for students who otherwise might not stay in school
- Prepares students to take industry certification tests upon graduation*
*Only students who attend ISOR-PH for at least two years will have enough exposure to CTE courses to be best prepared for certification testing.
What types of students benefit from ISOR-PH?
Our individualized approach to learning combined with focused CTE courses can benefit:
- Advanced learners
- Students who want to join the workforce after high school
- Students interested in career technical programs
- Students interested in a two-year CTE college
- Students interested in a four-year college
ISOR-PH’s mission is to empower students and families through an innovative K12 online middle and high school and Career and Technical Education. By providing a strong academic foundation with relevant exploration of career paths, ISOR-PH strives to help Oregon students gain the skills they need to succeed in school and beyond.
Our vision is to build an online Career and Technical Education school that equips students with essential academic and technical skills, enabling them to pursue post-secondary education, achieve occupational certifications, or directly enter the work force. By providing Oregon businesses with educated, skilled students who are ready for employment, we aim to benefit individuals, families, industries, and the economy throughout our state.